Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget of €1000 - what jeweller would offer best choice?

Options
  • 01-05-2024 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi. Have a budget of ~€1000 for a watch as present for my son's 21st. What dublin city centre jeweller would offer best choice around this price range, and what brands of watch should I be looking for? (Apologies, I know most discussions on this forum are for significantly higher price points, but couldn't see where else to ask.)

Best Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Weirs has a huge range to have a look at.

Does son know he's getting a watch? 1k is a lot to spend on something he might not like. Ask him what styles he likes.

Maybe go browsing with him, in shop or on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Thank you. He knows he's getting a watch, but would like to choose it for him. The reason I'm asking about a shop with a good choice is so that if he doesn't like it, he would be able to choose another from the same shop. Wouldn't Weirs be more for higher end watches?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Weirs has all sorts from high end to normal stuff. Go in for a look, in the basement and the window.

The expensive stuff is on the ground floor.

Advertisement