Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running a Business from a Rented House

Options
  • 01-05-2024 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Is it allowed to run an online business from a rented house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭the14thwarrior

sure who would you be telling?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hontou

I have a tenant who put his business name on Google Maps at the rental house. I wonder does it mean there could be problems with insurance? I'm fine with him running his business from the house (also online) but not if it means the insurance is now null and void. Also, does it change the contract type in terms of a residential tenancy with the RTB? The contract does say not to run a business from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yes, they might have problems with insurance. They'll need Public Liability if there are going to be people visiting. They'll also need to agree to change their listing if and when the tenancy finishes.

OP, if no one is going to visiting your house you are no different to anyone else working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hontou

Thanks. I think it was a bit cheeky of them to put the address as a business address on Google Maps. However, I agree that it really is just working from home so I'm not going to say anything (It pays the rent!).

Advertisement