Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFP and dependant at age 22

Options
  • 01-05-2024 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭

They are changing the age of child benefit to the age of 19 for those dependents who are still at school, which never seem right stopping the payment to me anyway because the child was still at school but the payment stopped

Will they do the same for WFP for those in third level education who are still at college at the age of 22 and still could have another year left till 23.

Post edited by SCOOP 64 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I understood Child Benefit is being extended to when a child reaches 19th Birthday 🤔

RTE news : Child benefit extension to 18-year-olds comes into effect

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0501/1446693-child-benefit/

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Sorry should have said 19 just edited, wondered would it be considered to WFP where people come across same problem payment stopping at 22 at next renewal but still in third level education until age 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I just can't see that happening but I could be wrong, GOV where hard pressed to extend Child Benefit, but I could be wrong

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Agree with you it took a good few years to push child benefit to 19 but still it is similar circumstance to people on WFP with dependants still attending college up to 23 with many course's 4 years now

Advertisement