Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap airline tickets

Options
  • 01-05-2024 6:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone

What are the best websites to find chepa flight tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Depends on where your going, what class you want, how long you are ok with traveling for, how many changes you are ok with, how close do you want your airport. If you don't know anything, Skyscanner is a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vivaprovu

Thanks. Going from Boston to Miami on May 15, checked CheapOair.com, FlightPapa.com and Skyscanner.com and looks like last two got lowest prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭mulbot

Kiwi can be good for prices, depending on destination and flexibility

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭wijam

Skyscanner would be my go to, but recently starting using Google Flights, when I'm looking for somewhere different to go, as it shows the location on a map, I like the layout of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

There is no cheap air fare fairy. Avoid the ota's and book directly with the airline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

sorry to jump on this but any website which will alert you to price release? Want to book for 2025 but wondering can any website then alert to say the Ryanair/aerlingus flights are available?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 7 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr.S

OTA's (often) sell the cheaper tickets though, so if you want to take a risk - they are the cheap air fare fairy!

I've found if you stick to direct / popular routes, you will be fine. Avoid multi-ticketed routes as any delays will screw you over.

Google Flights let you set up alerts to track prices.

Typically Ryanair / Aerlingus release flights 9-12 months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Airhint.com is good if you know the dates, you can get email notifications if it drops or increases, but its usually 24h lag, at least in my experience. Just keep checking.

With Ryanair we booked flights 8 months in advance once, but those schedules were not 100% confirmed. Couple of months later they changed departure times online, but no email notification about it. When I contacted them, they said its not final, not confirmed so i should wait. And then 3months before the flight, i received the official confirmation about the schedule change. The new departure times didn't suit us, but we could pick the different dates/times free of charge (popular destination, 3 flights daily). But we still had to pay for additional night at the hotel. So keep that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TaliyahGarrett

Hey. I usually start with Google Flights and Skyscanner. They're user-friendly and offer good deals. Then, I cross-reference with airline websites for any promos.

Advertisement