Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got €5 extra on winning scratch cards

Options
  • 30-04-2024 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I was fortunate to be given some All Cash platinum scratch cards, and 2 of them were winners. The winning panels were both for Game 3.

On one card for Game 3 the winning numbers were 04 and 14, and my ten numbers were 14, 04, 04, 04, 04, 01, 14, 14, 04, 14. with the prize for 04 and 14 being €5.

On the other card the winning numbers were 01 and 11, and my numbers were 09, 16, 03, 04, 19, 18, 01, 02, 07, 13. with the prize for 01 being €5.

So since I had nine times €5 on the first card I expected a prize of €45, and since I had one match worth €5 on the second card I expected to win €5 for that one.

But when I claimed the prizes in a shop I was given €50 for one and €10 for the other. The machine printed out dockets with these amounts.

So I was very happy with that, but I am just curious about how it works because it doesn't seem to match up with the scratch off numbers.

These cards cost €5 so I am thinking that a possible explanation might be that any winning cards get back the purchase price in addition to the prize? But I can't find any mention of this on the National Lottery website. I have photos of the front of the cards, but I didn't take pictures of the back, so maybe it's mentioned there?

Advertisement