Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american work visa?

Options
  • 30-04-2024 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what kind of work visa is required for working in the us. I have family who run bars over there so i would be sponsored to work etc. anyone know the timeframe to obtain a visa? any advise is appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wait times are on the embassy website, I know a chain of Irish bars used to do temp foreign worker visas, but if you have family they can sponsor you.

I'm about to start the L1A process and times are pretty reasonably (around 10 weeks in total)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭celica1994

• Registered Users Posts: 15,079 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I don't want to be a buzz kill OP but I doubt you will be able to get sponsored for bar work.

Have a look here and see if there is a category that might suit

I'd advise you talk to your relatives who run the bars and ask them what type of visa they plan on using and when they plan on starting.

In a lot of these cases it's up to the employer to start and manage the application process, there is nothing you can do yourself.

Of course if you are a student you can apply for a J1 and do that for a summer.

Advertisement