Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance and more than 5 penalty points advice.

Options
  • 30-04-2024 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, I was just wondering if any one of yous with more than 5 penalty points had any trouble getting insured on a bike, or more so, if you've lied on your policy, did your insurer checked your penalty points and gave you a call about it?

I've had 11 penalty points up until last year August, all clocked during overtakings so I'm as unclucky as irresponsible, I've atoned for my sins and my last 8 PP expire in 6 weeks in mid June. I've been lying on both my car and bike insurances for the past +2 and a half years just so i can get insured and commute to work, never got into any trouble. Car is always Axa, bike was always Carole Nash. I've just insured my 2006 gsxr750 with CaroleNash again, but this time they want my Driver License copy, perhaps to check points too. Axa never called me so I'm good with my Car Insurance. So my main question is, did anyone of yous found yourself in a similar situation as me, gave a driver license copy in 2024 with new policy, and got a call afterwards with your insurance being cancelled and most likely getting black listed? I'm considering cancelling my current policy (3 weeks old) before i send any documents, wait 2 weeks, get a new policy and send documents 3 weeks after that, 2 days after my points expire and 5 days before document submission deadline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The insurance companies have access to the RSA database now and can see if you have points. They are probably looking for your licence to verify or it may have been renewed since the one you have. Either way, fibbing about that amount of points is idiocy and if you crash you're fk-ed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Lying on an insurance document is about the stupidest thing you can do. If you have any claim on your policy they can refuse it on the basis that you lied. And then there is a whole world of crap coming your way.

While you may have an insurance cert for your car and bike you are not technically insured as you got those cert thru false means.

And if they find out you have been lying - good luck getting insured in the future for a reasonable cost. You become an unwanted risk to them.

Advertisement