Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT & VAT/Customs duty rates on older commercial Pickup from UK Mainland Post Brexit

Options
  • 30-04-2024 3:08am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi just wondering what the VRT and Irish VAT & Customs duty rates would be on for instance a 3 seater 2010 Toyota Dyna pickup from UK mainland to Ireland. For arguments sake the vehicle would cost me to purchase around £6000. As far as I am aware I would then be looking at the original €200 VRT rate for standard commercials, then what sum is the Irish VAT charged on in Ireland?

I am also aware if vehicle was manufactured in mainland UK there is no additional customs duty of 10% but if so what is this 10% rate of exactly is it the purchase price I paid or what they deem to be the OMSP? So the Irish VAT rate and customs duty cost would be my question really? Anyone done it recently post Brexit, can't seem to find direct concise information or a worked example anywhere. Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help answer my questions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement