Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becherovka

Options
  • 29-04-2024 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Visited Prague this Easter and fell in love with Becherovka… Is there anyone saw a place I could buy it (with a reasonable price) in Dublin or within 50 km circle? Any information is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PopSensyDad

Oh, I should have bought a much bigger bottle… as much as the custom allows…

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Have you tried a Polonez supermarket? A good few of them would have a selection of Eastern European drinks.

Thanks irish_goat, yes I have tried Polonez and Moldova. Both did not have it…

(Though Polonez had Jägermeister, which seems to be also popular in Czech. I tried and was not too nice unfortunately.)

Hmm, other suggestion would be to call into Pifko and ask them if they know where to get it. It's on their menu. http://www.pifkobar.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pifko have an off licence themselves, so may sell it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pifko looks really inexpensive for both food and drink. Is it any good?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I used to go for the two-course lunch fairly regularly. It was very good and very authentic. Possibly still is but I haven't been in a few years.

The prices online look very reasonable, but I wonder if they are up to date. Food was always nice in there anytime I've been anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

!!! Thank you for the information, I did visit the Pilsner Pub but did not know it has an off license… the door next to the pub is actually a part of it? I must revisit to find out.

• Advertisement

Actually, I took a photo of the menu during the visit on 5th Apr. Yes as you suspected, the website seems to be outdated, for example Cabbage soup is 4.05 on the site but was 7.50, GULÁŠ is 14.35 on the site but was 19.00, etc…

Cheers for that. Still not terrible, I dunno what average prices are like in Dublin but you'd pay almost similar in Derry/Belfast for a pub meal. Can you recall what the pint prices are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Those prices are about average for Dublin. I was recently charged 22 for a fish and chips.

I was on a motorcycle so did not drink, so sorry I do not know the price… well I should be able to find out it too soon.

Fish and chips for 22 is quite shocking raise since Covid (sigh).

Tried Pifko on Friday. The pub does have Becherovka shot, but the off-license man told they do not sell it as a bottle. In the end, I caught several men/ladies there to manage meeting a generous man who can bring one from Czech. What a happy day!

But I cannot wait so checked a bus route to the pub (haha). Once this annoying sore throat is gone, I must make a visit for a shot/shots 😆

Advertisement