Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can newbie repair an Amplifier

Options
  • 29-04-2024 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi all, have a yamaha DSP-AX757SE that i got for a bargain.

was working great for 8 months and then something crackled and popped one night. Was plugged in and one of the resistors fried.

I have taken top off and can see evidence fire near where the power cord goes into back of the machine. Looks like one of the components fried. Can i replace this myself or have to get shop to do it. Just don't want to chuck a machine that was great when one small part gone.

thanks for any advice. - have no experience with electronics apart from messing round with computers - replace SSID/ update RAM etc. nothing involving boards etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Know a lad in Sligo fixes them. Rumble studios.

He told me about a fellow who tried to fix one himself. Miracle he didn't fry himself.

Advertisement