Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the N+1 thread

Options
  • 29-04-2024 9:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭

so you bought a(nother) bike. may as well post it here.

today's purchase - a dawes kingpin folding bike for a great price, in great nick.

we now have eight bikes in the garage. there's two of us in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Well, I'm hopeful in the next few weeks I'll have a picture to post here as well, although the biggest delay is my own indecision in that I can't decide between 105di2 or mechanical ultegra. If anyone has both, I'd be interested in any opinions…

Doubt I can stretch to ultegra di2 without going second hand or selling what is currently my good bike, which, along with being rim brake, has a small repair done on the chain stay so its probably difficult to sell and worth bugger all. Plus I still like it and I don't really want to sell it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd say 105 di2, you can upgrade the parts over time if you really want something higher but 105 is in recent years not far off Ultegra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭secman

Don't think 105 cranksets are failing anything like the Ultegra ones are ! A fews of the club members hired 105 Di2 bikes there a few weeks ago in Mallorca and said they didn't notice any difference to Ultegra, thought they were very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Any new 105 Di2 or Ultegra Mechanical are going to be 12 speed rather than the recalled 11 speed ones!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I had to relocate my bikes there recently and I had actually forgotten how many bikes I have 🙈

I think it now stands at 13 bikes and 5 frames. Everything from highnelly to MTB. I think I've finally scratched the itch though and time to start clearing the stable and just move back to the one good bike finally. 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Many thanks for that. I have just used that as evidence to my long suffering wife that my 3, soon to be 4 is actually quite restrained.

Also, I think I have decided on 105 di2, thanks all for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

About to hit 5 with currently building up a Litespeed gravel bike. 3 road bikes( 2 racers, 1 Cannondale Synapse set up as winter/ light tourer), 1 single speed drop bar and one hardtail MTB.

3 of the road bikes were out of action until recently so the single speed had seen a fair bit of mileage the last while. Got my best one back up and running a few weeks ago with a BB change and overhaul. Synapse just needs a good clean and recable but my other road bike needs a complete strip and rebuild at this stage. Have all the bits just need to find the time and energy.

The gravel bike could nearly replace all of them bar my good racer for fast club spins and if I ever get back in shape to race. I will hold onto all of them, though I am half tempted to sell the PX SL Pro, it's the most superfluous to my needs but it was my first road bike so a bit sentimental about it. Could just fix it up enough to leave permanently on the turbo trainer i guess.

Next N+1 I'm hopinhoping for something special Italian or French! Still have bike to work to use so leaning to getting a frameset or if I can get a good deal full bike. One of the road bikes may have to go at that stage.

Advertisement