Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best type of dose for Hoggetts this time of the year?

Options
  • 29-04-2024 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have a bunch of hoggetts that were last dosed around 2 months ago with Flukivor. Majority of my ground would be wet enough in a normal year……so was sopping wet over this Winter where hoggetts were grazing.They are in good shape but I've noticed in last few weeks that some of them have got very dirty of their ends(mainly suffolks)…….but its certainly not fresh grass that has skittered them!

Given the time of year and the fact land is still wet here, I was thinking of giving them a combination Fluke and Worms dose for this time. Would people think this is a good enough plan and would ye recommend any good doses?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

get a fec test. Anything else is just guessing tbh. Prob save the cost of the test in the long run by treating correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Want to dose them later this week and won’t have time in next few days to put any in to do a FEC test on………have done them before and are definitely a good idea…..just beat by time to do one this week.

If I give them a good combination dose this time around it should help them.Could FEC test them afterwards to see how things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Quick bump……….

Any recommendations of effective combination doses for fluke and worms for this time of year?

Was thinking of using Cydectin Triclamox.

Thanks for any replies.

Advertisement