Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vrt - no v5

Options
  • 29-04-2024 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I (Stupidly) bought a motor bike from in Dublin that was on a yellow reg (NI)

I have the new keeper slip and an now trying to vrt the bike. Few issues

The bike is in the country since Oct last year, when it failed an vrt inspection. Reason unknown.

I have no V5.

I contacted dvla, they won't engage as the bike is recorded as perm exported.

I spoke with last NI owner (got his details thru bike community) so it's legit.

I have a vrt appointment Friday eve,

What are people's thoughts on what I'll need to get it registered here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭User1998

You can forget about your upcoming VRT appointment as they won’t even look at the bike if you have no V5

You will have to pay a company up North to get you a new V5, I have used EMK Transport. Or maybe a pay a family member up there if you have one.

Once you get the logbook you will need a receipt or invoice for the VRT appointment. If you don’t want to pay late fees for VRT you will need a hand written receipt or invoice showing that you bought the car up North with a date no later than 30 days before the VRT appointment.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I did see that name turn up in my research, that's going to register the bike back up north after brexit though. I'll be in for vat etc.

I think it's lorry loads of luck I'll need

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

If marked as exported by DVLA its not possible to get a replacement V5, you need to present the bike physically in the UK for inspection and re-import it essentially to get a V5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Unfortunately I'd say the initial vrt was failed because of the missing v5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

You get them to send you the replacement V5 in the last registered owner's name or do you avail of the ownership change option when applying for the replacement?

Advertisement