Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First CVRT Missed

Options
  • 29-04-2024 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hi

I have a 222 van that has never been tested. I thought new vans get a few years grace like cars but it appears not and I got no notification of test due and the tax was bought yearly so it must of slipped through.

Am I best wait til June/July to get a full test as I would imagine if I test it now i will only get a few months test or will I only get 6 months anyway when tested in July as it missed its first 1 year test?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

CVRT required after one year unfortunately due the high miles most commercials do. If July was the date of first registration, you’ll only get a cert until then if you test it now.
    You can go for the test 30 days early and get a 13 month cert.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭al2009

Get it tested, did you provide an email address when taxing it? We always get annual reminder through email. If stopped it's an offence.

https://www.cvrt.ie/en-US/Certificate-of-Roadworthiness/CRW-Expiry-Dates/

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

I taxed it in the tax office first time. and online the next. I provided an email the second time yes but probably not the first.

I want to test it but seems pointless for 2 months test. (only 15k on the van)

I would wait if i thought i'd get 12 months in June (30 days early) or July but I wondered would they only give me 6 months even though it would be a first test as I missed the 1 year test.

I'll ring the center and see sure, probably best.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

Garda NPR cameras can detect vans with no test, if stopped you’ll be walking home. We made a similar mistake, van lifted & brought to pound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭standardg60

AFAIK if you've missed a test they'll only give you six months anyway, it's a way of charging you for the missed test.

Proof of cvrt is no longer required when taxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Probably handier testing it may 31st and leaving it overnight to get it tested in the morning again for the full 12 months!

Seems daft but I'll ring them and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Or you could put it through twice in one day soon. That’ll reset the test expiry date to a year from that date. Sounds like you’ll have to pay twice this year anyway so might as well get it over and done with.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement