Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Purchase of a Mazda Demio 2016

Options
  • 29-04-2024 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, this is my first post, I hope it's in the correct channel.

I am about to buy a Mazda Demio 2016, automatic car (imported into Ireland 2 years ago). Everything has been checked, nothing to be worried about regarding the car condition.

The only thing I have in my mind is the recent outbreak in the jap imports thefts across Ireland. However recently I see the numbers are declining.

We got quoted already and live in south Dublin. The car would be parked in front of our apartment building. There is a general access to the parking but it's let's say a bit hidden. What I was thinking about is getting a steering wheel lock, some stickers etc. The car has an immobiliser and an alarm.

Am I getting paranoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭User1998

It doesn’t seem to be much of an issue in South Dublin. And once an alarm & immobiliser is fitted its like any other car and cannot be stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭sligopaul

Along with the alarm a steering lock is a good visual deterrent

• Registered Users Posts: 2 T95E

Thank you. That's what I was thinking. I think I'm also kind of biased. I read A LOT about jap imports thefts recently and got really worried. On the other hand these are pretty good cars, nice spec etc. I don't see any reason why I should pay tons of money for cars that are absolutely not worth it atm just because they aren't imported. What I also realized is the problem of jap imports thefts affects the older imports. This particular Mazda was manufactured in Germany.

Advertisement