Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing locally

Options
  • 28-04-2024 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I'm currently training to become a dog groomer and am planning to set up a place out by back garden to work from.

My target market is going to be people within a 5km radius of my home. Does anyone have experience of marketing their business locally?

Do letterbox drops work? Hanging posters on notice boards / anywhere I can? Sponsoring local events? Setting up a sign outside your house to advertise your service (we would have great footfall outside our house!)? I will of course be going down the social media route along side this :-).

Any feedback on personal experiences is much appreciated,

Jx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Word of mouth is going to be your best marketing tool but until you get established, get some business cards printed, go to all the popular dog walking spots within your catchment area and hand them out to all dogs that you know need grooming.

Advertisement