Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep fencing

Options
  • 28-04-2024 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Going to go about replacing temporary electric fencing with permanent sheep wire over the coming weeks, just wondering when erecting sheep wire how far apart should posts be, what size post would would work best for ends and straining posts and what size post would be needed to hang gates from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Aravo

I think it would be worth your while to get a tans 3 sheep fencing grant. The cost of materials will be a big bill. Google tam 3 sheep fencing for the spec. Thing to remember in tams you cannot hang or close a gate on a post that is straining wire. So you need seperate posts for hanging and closing end of gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭DJ98

I would go the tams route but there's a bundles of steaks in the yard that were bought 2 years ago and never put up so going to use these first

• Registered Users Posts: 29,156 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I put up sheepwire fencing recently, dont have sheep. Afair he said 4 meters between posts, 6ft cresote posts

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭buffalobilly

always go 3 handy steps here between posts find it a bit more forgiving when one breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Aravo

• Advertisement
Advertisement