Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notification Not Clearing

Options
  • 28-04-2024 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭

I constantly have a red notification bubble at the bell icon in the top right corner. When I select "Mark All Read" the notification will go away, but as soon as I navigate to a different page (or even reload the page I'm on) the notification reappears. Logging out and back in hasn't solved the issue either.

I'm 99% certain the notification was for a post replying to me in the GAA forum, but where the poster has since deleted all their posts in the thread.

Is there any other way of clearing this notification?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭8mv

Me too. A notification from a poster that was thread banned before I read their post. Only on the phone - not on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Just adding my similar issue to this, I too have a stubborn notification.

It started a few days ago, around the same time as the elongated images thing was going on.

I strongly suspect it's related to a thread that was deleted at the time, the one in Accommodation & Property where the OP was complaining about his neighbour putting up chicken wire to keep out his cat.

It's not showing up in My Bookmarks but if I click on the Notification bell and scroll back down, it's still there, but now links to a 'Comment not found' page:
    https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/122059668#Comment_122059668

This is happening on both mobile (Android) and desktop (Brave & Chrome).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Seeing as the point has been raised, my "mentioned you" or "sent you a message" notifications never get cleared unless I make a point of marking them as read. Following the notification link has no effect on the notification alert itself.

Behaviour carries over from Brave browser on the laptop (main platform) to Brave on Android on the phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm seeing 3 'Notifications' now!

Brave on Android, Brave and Chrome on desktop.

Edited to add:
    For whatever it's worth, when I click a thread title in the pop-up from the Notification, I'm taken back to timestamps around 6/7/8 March 2024.

Post edited by Melodeon on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Same here, Mark as read but appears back again

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm getting the same, very frustrating

Any update on the issue please @Boards.ie: Mike

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

This was raised with Vanilla a long time ago and numerous times since. I do not have any definitive timeline for a resolve to this issue. I realise it is very frustrating. It is the same for me day to day also.

I will make another push with them on this today.

Best, Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement