Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle part

Options
  • 27-04-2024 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know where I could get the screw that came loose and got lost from this, it’s a Cogswell & Harrison which I believe is a CZ in disguise. Also if anyone knows how the hell it can be put back on that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Ok, first off I've no experience whatsoever with Cogswell & Harrison, I'm familiar with CZ and Brno rifles.

That piece (your holding) is a loading round guide tray, or a guide tray/plate, in a single shot rifle the plate/guide is solid, the round rests on it and the bolt pushes the round into the chamber.

If I'm not mistaken the screw is either flat head, more probably a semi beveled screw.

First off, get the manual for the rifle, identify the part (screw) and Google suppliers of same.

If you know the screw dimensions (see rifle manual) and if its a common screw size, you may be able to get one in a local hardware store/automotive shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

As to getting the screw in, brute force, ignorance and a hammer works, I jest of course.

When you get a replacement screw, try it out dry first to see if it fits. Use fingers to place/locate, screw it down as far as possible, then use a small flat screwdriver sideways to get it down/tight as possible.

Then, check the bolt works freely and its bottom isn't binding on the screw, if all ok, remove screw and replace it with a teardrop/or two of soft lock-tite glue/clear nail varnish to secure it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭lmk123

thanks for the advice I’ll try to find a manual for it, pity the brute force, ignorance and hammer doesn’t do the trick, it’s usually my way of dealing with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tobac223

Hi lmk123 , the part you are holding is called the “bolt guide” .The screw you need is called the “magazine housing rear screw”. Going by the photos I’m guessing your rifle is a C&H Certus model in .17HMR which is a rebranded CZ 455.

This screw is installed from underneath the action & you’ll need a torx T30 to remove the stock & a 3mm Allen wrench to fit the screw .

It’s the same screw that’s used in the 452 models , though they are a flat head turnscrew fit .

Ardee Sports in Co. Louth were the importer so they may be able to source the screw or alternatively www.cz-spare.parts will most likely have it .

I hope this information will be helpful to you .

Kind regards

Tobac223

yes that’s exactly what it is, that’s brilliant to know what I’m looking for anyway, if it’s installed from underneath maybe it’s still in there, you might have saved me the bother of looking for one, thanks a million

• Advertisement

the screw was still in there so she’s back up and running again, thanks again 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

You need to glue that in with a bit of locktite.

Post edited by Cass on

Advertisement