Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with crab apple tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭standardg60

Unless it's sitting in a pool of water I'd say it's exposure more than anything.

See if it recovers when the weather warms up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Agree cold wind has done loads of damage in our area.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'd give it a feed of chicken chit 1M around the base to support the growth.

https://caraghnurseries.ie/product/chicken-chit-manure-10kg-bag-fully-organic/

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I also have a Malus Evereste for the last 2 years. The first year it did very well but it lost almost all of its leaves last year and I had very few crabapples. Based on internet research I thought it was apple scab. This spring I sprayed it with a fungicide when the leaves started emerging and once again a month later - so far it looks very healthy with none of the leaf loss or disfiguring (like you have here).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jcb21

thanks for the advice. I have ordered some of the chicken chit. I’ll put it down once it arrives and hopefully the weather warms up soon

• Advertisement
Advertisement