Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate things you have seen.

Options
  • 27-04-2024 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So someone was checking out my Trike last night. Was leaving the house and noticed the door wide open. They must be very desperate. There is nothing of value in it.

Also just seen a Dacia Sandero old model with its badge gone. Who robs a Dacia badge? They must be very desperate.

What desperate things have you seen in the country.

I do not been people begging on the-street at least they are honest about being poor or things you have seen in poor countries. I want things from rich countries that should not be.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Enraged man threatening me in the carpark of a local Shopping Centre in broad daylight a few years ago. Store security man intervened. Although not [u]physically[\u] injured in any way this enraged man's life options lessened permanently that day. I was'nt injured either.

Don't loose the rag in Public places!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

One of my cousins had that happen to her during the week as she was filling her car up at a petrol station. Don't think she done anything wrong. What is wrong with some people?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Shouting matches over child and parent car parking spaces. There were also plenty of available spots. Peculiar really.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Kurooi

Dublin, I just came out of a jeweller (small adjustment order, they pack it in a little brown envelope) It was lashing rain so I stepped into one of those doorways as I was putting away the envelope into a zip pocket, just for a moment to put on a hat. Woman RUNS at me, blocks the doorway with her arms out and demands I give her a cigarette. I say I don't have any I don't smoke, she insisted I prove I don't have any which of course I just said no to. She eventually gave up and kept walking but all the way screaming "LIAR I SAW YOU PUT THEM IN YOUR POCKET" turning heads.

She looked like she needed much harder stuff than tobacco

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Photobox

A family member bought an apartment in England many years ago, the previous owners took everything including the carpets..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

OP, have you seen these guys around?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭tohaltuwi

some months back, an older man, driving a car on my very quiet estate, literally tried to run me over as I crossed at a junction. I have MS and am slow walking and use walking aids, so it’s perfect y obvious I’m compromised. He drive right up to my right leg and blasted the horn to hurry me up. I “had a few words” with him, he was in as much an angry rage as I was, but for different to reasons. I took a pic of his reg, and contacted the guards who gave him a caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭BrianD3

During the great financial crisis I witnessed pushing and shoving and near fights at the Tesco last day section. Also people following staff members around if they thought they were going to be printing last day labels.

The desperation was usually over meat but once I saw it happening over cheap bananas. Pushing and elbowing, bananas falling on the ground and being mushed by feet.. People, quite literally, behaving like apes.

Advertisement