Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buycycle

Options
  • 27-04-2024 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone used or using the buycycle app?

https://buycycle.com/en-ie

I came across it on Dutch TV and checked it out. Alot of great bikes for sale at good prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

The app doesn't work in Ireland I don't think, or at least it didn't fit me a month ago. But the website works obviously.

Yeah, it looks fantastic. When I was in Spain they had TV ads for it on eurosport. And gcn have just done a top gear style feature where they all bought bikes for 2 grand.

The choice is endless. I'd love to give it a go sometime and make a purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Thats a bottomless pit of temptation

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭andyd12

I have got it to work for me.

Ye agreed, so much choice and much more serious rider focused platform. Also can pay for different checks which adds to the piece of mind.

Considering buying a cheapish gravel bike off it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

How long is delivery from BuyCycle?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭andyd12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

My experience wasn't great, so much so that I left a 1 star review. It's a great idea but you have to be careful of the descriptions as some of the sellers enhance the specs of the bike. It's quite common to see Di2 highlighted when the bike is clearly mechanical. It can also be hard to get further details from the seller a lot of the time.
    Saying that, they do offer a good guarantee.
    The issue I had was the time it took to deliver. I had notice of a collection date and the seller said that he had the bike ready and was expecting collection in the next hour. It took another week for the collection! I contacted customer service and they said that they ran out of packaging materials. When presses they said that it would take another 2 weeks to get here as it 1st had to go from Germany to Holland for customs clearance, then on to Ireland! After I confirmed the purchase and paid for the bike there was no way for me to contact the actual seller. I was close to cancelling the order but eventually the CS representaqtive got back to me and asked my permission to send on my details for the seller to contact me directly. They also waived the delivery fee of €120, which was fair enough.
    I had quite a few issued with the website and mobile app. They've turned of comments and question and I has an issue with viewing all of the bikes I'd saved. They weren't aware of any issues but I was annoyed because I bike that I had saved to my favourites disappeared. I thought it was sold but reappeared when I deleted a couple of my saved bikes.
    I am going to revise my review and upgrade it as to be fair they did try and help. They called me with updates and they are open to suggestions. I'd use it again but with reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Was that how you bought the Standert? How was the bike packaging / packing? Did you go for any of the optional peace of mind extras like servicing or frame check, deep clean etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

It's a mad coincidence as I remember seeing the original promo shots for the Triebwerk Mach 2 a few years back and it was love at 1st sight! When I was browsing BuyCycle there it was! The one that was for sale was the one used for the promo shots. The lad that sold it had barely used it and was really sound. As it was as new then I didn't need any additional services. The seller actually has connections with Standert and he lives in Berlin.
    Packaging was really good. They've gone to a lot of effort getting it right and they have comprehensive video instructions for packing.
    The delays were a pain but in fairness they went out of their way to rectify it. 3 weeks is way too long for delivery, even longer if you opt for the add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Peeling1979

I’d nearly pulled the trigger on a bike in the UK a week ago to find the Buycycle courier doesn’t ship bikes from the UK to the EU….informed the seller and he wasn’t aware either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That's interesting, and definitely not disclosed on the website at all. That rules out a chunk of well-priced bikes for starters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement