Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs on Brittany Ferries

Options
  • 27-04-2024 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

I see from their rules the dog has to have a muzzle at all times around the ferry. Any idea if they enforce this bit / check. Our dogs have never worn one and it’s genuinely totally unnecessary.

Also sailing back into cork. Do they actually check for the worming treatment? Ours got it the week before they travelled but the rules seem to say it has to be within a certain number of days….

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Put in on the dog from the car to your room or kennels,very few dogs had muzzles on after that in the exercise areas and again put in on when going back to the car.The customs in cork returning checked the dog more that us so its within 5 days before you return get the worming done,cost approximately 40 e from a vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Muzzle rule can be bent if alone on the dog deck.

Rabies and worming will be checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I’ve done Cork - Roscoff with a dog and also Rosslare-Bilbao (twice). For the first trip we’re very assiduous about the muzzle - even on The **** Connemara where she didn’t mingle with other passengers on the way to room. On subsequent trips, I have made sure to have her muzzle on when going from car deck to room. In reality, less than 25% do this from my experience. Close to 99% do not use a muzzle when walking from cabin to dog area not in the dog area. It’s a great way to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

just did it. Delighted.

Anybody find a good vet in Roscoff?

where are you going to be? I would not wait until to go to the vets as it just be 24 hours to 120 hours before travel/arrival. I have had her done in St Emilion and once in Vilamoura when taking the Bilbao ferry. The St Emilion one was a time we were spending 2 nights near Roscoff but just wanted it out of the way.

• Advertisement

I can understand this is intended to be helpful but just to note this was the true shithole Connemara and is not representative of the wonderful ships they run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Is your point that on ships they run now there is zero leeway regarding the muzzle?

the opposite - the staff don’t care. They even run a mini Olympics for the dogs and don’t insist on muzzles. The other point being that the horrible ship shown on the video is not used anymore; the dog area is much bigger and much nicer (as is the whole ship).

Advertisement