Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a proper SDS drill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what do you mean by proper

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yes its a "proper" SDS drill. Quite a good one. When you compare SDS drills you compare the hammer power and 3 joules is more than enough for most drilling work and a bit of demolition.

Its not a professional tool, but definitely worth the money as a DIY tool.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

proper, not like the hammer function on a normal drill… just picked it up, thanks.

No its not just a hammer function. Try it and you'll soon spot the massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,775 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I have that drill, haven't used it often but it's made short work of any job I have done with it, and regular hammer drills barely make a dent in the 50 year old concrete walls in my gaff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

bought it last week and am about to use. It came with a tube of grease and says to apply to the drill bit before inserting, do I need to do this each time?

No not really. Its just a way of bulking up the item count in the box. The occasional user may never need to use the grease. Just keep an eye on the shank of the drill bits and if they come out of the chuck with no grease on them then add a bit.

If I'm using an SDS drill a lot I tend to put a small amount (size of a small pea) in the mouth of the chuck before use.

From Einhell who might have made the drill?

https://www.einhell.de/en/blog/workshop/rotary-hammer-drill-maintenance/

But something you can do to protect the material is to apply a small amount of grease to the drill chuck or the SDS mount of the rotary hammer drill after every few uses. This keeps both the holder and the drills themselves running smoothly. 

Edit> Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's a great drill & excellent value. Mine is a few years old & has broken up concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Shoog

Great drills. Should give a decade of faultless DIY duty before the chuck or bushes give out.

If you are a tradesman then not so good.

Advertisement