Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed -change of mind

Options
  • 20-04-2024 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi just looking for advice Im gone sale agreed on a property in Dublin for last 2 weeks -however ive had a change of heart for absolutely no reason besides my gut feeling on it and am going to withdraw any reprecusions here-nothing signed just agreement between me and the estate agent on price

cheers

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭user302243

No issues. You'll get booking deposit back if paid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭herbalplants

No repercussion, you get the deposit back.

I see good few properties whose sale fell through.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭Tork

You'll be fine - I've been in your shoes. The estate agent returned the booking deposit within days. I backed out of a house purchase for the same reason years ago. I could never quite put my finger on why it felt so wrong but I've never had any regrets. I bought a different house afterwards and felt much happier about it all the way along.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

That gut feeling is your sense of intuition. Just because you cannot put your finger exactly on it doesnt mean you are not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Nope. Sale agreed is virtually meaningless. Contracts signed is when rubber hits the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement