Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorable interviews, guests on Kenny Live.

Options
  • 20-04-2024 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭

Pat Kennys chat show which ran from 1988 to 1999 used to feature some pretty out there guests, in the early days at least. I didn't really watch it much from about 1992 onwards so most of the stuff listed was late 80s early 90s. Anyone remember the following?

The time some Aussie outback explorer type fella was on discussing the time a buddy was eaten by a crocodile. Next thing a photo flashed up on screen of the contents of the crocs stomach post mortem and you could make out this dead guys bloated face.

When Whitley Strieber, the author of alien abduction book Communion, appeared on the show. A few minutes into the interview a picture of the alien on the books cover slowly faded up onto the screen. I remember my Grandmother going "what in the name of God is that?". It freaked out quite a lot of people by all accounts.

When Pat Ingoldsby, of Pats Chat fame, appeared and read out one of his poems about watching a woman eating a chocolate éclair in Bewleys cafe. Before he did he said "every time I read this poem I get an erection" to which Pat Kenny gasped "ah Pat!".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Another time he had the leader of the Raelian cult, a French guy dressed like something out of Flash Gordon, who talked about his plans to build a landing pad for UFOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I found this interview with Keith Floyd memorable!

I remember around 1990 this all female heavy metal band from Russia appeared on the show. It was during the dying days of the Soviet Union. Seem to recall none of them had any English and Pat did a short interview with their manager where the topic of his (hideous) leather jacket came up. I recall something about the massive inflation in the Soviet Union at the time and that the jacket had cost some ridiculous amount of money.

Also recall Pat (possibly quoting a viewers message) saying "never mind Reds under the bed, I wouldnt mind getting those girls into bed".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

"Also recall Pat (possibly quoting a viewers message) saying "never mind Reds under the bed, I wouldnt mind getting those girls into bed"."

I could imagine him reading that out as is he was being very daring but emphasizing that the sentiment wasn't his.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭squonk

Scott Mills has just had an interview with Windows95 Man. I know tge song but just hearing it played off the radio it sounded great. I really enjoyed it. It could be a big party song on the night if it gets through. Somehow I hit caught up in how nuts it was watching the video but the song itself is a banger. Sadly from experience, my liking a song is kind of the kiss of death to its prospects!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I remember that time on the Toy Show, a robot from Robot Wars was being controlled by Pat, he lost control and it went postal and they had to cut to an emergency break. Pat was shook

I think you might have posted in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

The infamously memorable interview with Shane McGowan in awful condition.

Two different interviews with victims of Northern Ireland terrorism. One of them a distressed father explaining to Pat how he was telling his kid that their mother was now with Jesus, here is a picture of Jesus.. The perpetrators got off after the Good Friday agreement too.

Remember watching this at the time. Tom Brennard, whod written a poorly received autobiography of Eamon Andrews, locked horns with a young Miriam O Callaghan, who then worked for Thames tv.

At the time this was remembered for Brennard storming off in a huff (there's a few minutes missing here before he does) before coming back on again like a schoolboy whos been made to stand in the corner.

Advertisement