Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build PC €1500/2000

Options
  • 19-04-2024 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€1500ish to 2k max]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming & light office work] (Games - SIM racing mainly with some FPS e.g. CoD) would like to be able to use PSVR2 also when it's enabled for PCVR later this year

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes - saw on other posts I can get for €20 approx]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No] (MS keyboard and mouse only)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No] Not planning to.

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] Card

9. When are you purchasing? [Soon]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [First build but should be ok. Dublin]

Hi,

Looking for some help please!

Always wanted to make a PC.

Will be using for games mainly on 1080p monitor but will upgrade that in future to 1440p or 4k if prices are good later in the year. Looking to get 100fps maybe.

I think a mid level GPU would probably suffice, would prefer a better one but prices are mad here! Would be open to second hand on adverts if I can get better value.

I linked a sample build below, if you change to other countries the price drops a lot so I reckon I could possibly get 1700/1800 from shopping around and better parts selection with help from the forum here.

https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/njMydH

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement