Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-Touch calming band

Options
  • 19-04-2024 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭

This was mentioned by @tk123 on another thread, to stop a dog from barking, and rather than hijack that thread, I thought I'd start a new one to ask about its effectiveness.

My dog is not particularly reactive to other dogs, but seems to have developed a habit of barking like crazy as she goes out of the house, especially if there's a car passing or the neighbours are arriving next door. Or if she goes out to the toilet at night, which means she's disturbing the neighbours.

What would be a good way to use the T-Touch to prevent this? It's her only bad habit really, and we've tried a number of "gentle" solutions, which don't seem to last. We left her with a dog sitter once who used an electric collar on her (in his home, not ours, and only when she went out for a last pee at night) which he said fixed the problem, but I'm really not interested in doing that. I was pretty shocked myself when he told us what he'd done, TBH. And I would like not to worry about that ever happening with somebody else - the easiest way being if we could find some other solution!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The band brings awareness.. as in they bark and feel a tiny bit of resistance that makes them think “hey what’s that!?”. I’ve successfully got Rory to stop barking at the cat across the road by putting him inside every time he went ballistic at it he’s almost 3 now so it’s taken a long time 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

So I'd need to then do something to distract her further, so she forgets to bark - is that it?

Reward her for not barking??

Advertisement