Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2016 Mazda 6 2.0 Petrol - what to check for?

Options
  • 19-04-2024 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭

The time has come to change my car a bit earlier than planned… looking at the Mazda 6 2.0 petrol. I understand the diesels in these were a weak engine but most of my mileage is short spins so a petrol would suit me better.

Any advice on what to look for when viewing a low mileage second hand one? Or feedback on the car in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Tax pretty dear? Not a fast car either even with it being 2.0 petrol. Engines are very reliable though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

€270 a year feels cheap after 8 years of paying €673!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭GPoint

good naturally aspirated engines no turbos less stuff to break.
    yes it’s slow if you’re used to vw turbo petrols but still a good solid car

New skyactiv petrols are a lot of fun to drive . Tested recently and quite liked how it drives

Advertisement