Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don’t buy from Cash and Carry Kitchens!!!!

Options
  • 19-04-2024 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone I am so frustrated and disappointed with my kitchen that I bought from Cash and Carry. I bought the Hampton kitchen and we were delighted with it to start with but then after two months we noticed the countertops were all lifting and bubbling and splitting. I rang Cash and Carry and the apologised and replaced the countertop for us. I was reluctant to get the same countertop put back on but the guy assured me that it would not happen again. The customer service guy said it must have been a faulty batch. Anyway a year later the same thing happened but only on certain sections this time. When I checked the countertops that were bubbling and coming apart I noticed that they were made from a light brown MDF type of material. When I checked the countertop that was not falling apart I noticed it had a dark brown waxy type of material underneath (this is probably why it was not splitting because it had been sealed with sort sort of epoxy)

I contacted Cash and Carry and they refused to replace this and are now claiming it is my fault. I’m appalled and so disappointed that they are treating me like this when clearly it s a manufacturing fault. All I want is the faulty sections of countertops to be replaced. I was told when buying my kitchen that you get a 5 year warranty on it clearly this is not the case.
    We saved for a long time and we spent allot of money on our kitchen.
    Does anybody know what I can do in this situation?
    Has anybody else experienced this with Cash and Carry ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bambi

faulty countertop Cash and Carry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mulbot

That counter-top has swelled from excess water. Either something spilling or using too wet or too damp cloths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭SharkMX

My MIL bought a kitchen from them a few years ago. I'll be avoiding them too when we get our new kitchen. They are not helpful when anything goes wrong. Once they get your money you are on your own and they will just ignore you when you have quality issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

They are square edged worktops,the front edge is applied with pur glue which is waterproof so they should not fail.it looks like the piece beside the cooker has water getting in at the front edge of the metal end they put on,the metal strip looks a tiny bit short.Its either a manufacturing issue or a fitting issue or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭JVince

You might be dealing with someone that doesn't care much about service.

I've used them three times over the years and couldn't fault them. All different branches too as I moved areas.

Naas in particular were great and even when the kick boards got damaged after new floors were put down, they replaced them for nominal cost.

I think the hq is in Cork, so maybe try going up the chain and see what happens. But certainly my experience with them has been superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If you are not getting any joy from their customer service then raise a small claims case?

https://www.courts.ie/small-claims-procedure

But the upper limit is €2000. If your claim is higher than that you should talk to a solicitor about your options. But cost cost cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Kitchen counter tops should be designed for wet environments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mulbot

Maybe but they aren't, the old style round nose wtops are far better, theses new square/leading edge wtops have a weak point and it's the where the top meets the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭toothy

My mother got a kitchen from them

Never again

The doors on every single unit had started disintegrating by the 2nd year, by that time the local branch had folded and parent company basically told us to go fook ourselves

I have some pictures somewhere I'll post them when I find them

Advertisement