Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got an email saying my registered post was delivered and signed for. Never delivered at all.

Options
  • 18-04-2024 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭

But it was never delivered or signed for. What can I do next? An Post have no phone numbers to call.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭JVince

Any chance posters could give a little more information - you might get an answer.

Was it sent from Netherlands or to Netherlands.

Did you pay Netherlands post or an post.

Was it sent to a business or home.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,886 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Have you tried putting the tracking number into An Post tracking? These 3rd party tracking sites can get it wrong every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭standardg60

6 minutes from arriving at the delivery centre to being delivered? Did you actually order something OP?

They look like scam e-mails to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

It was an AliExpress Item sent from China to the Netherlands hub and then to my apartment in Dublin Ireland.

An Post say it was signed for at 6:48 this morning. I was asleep at 6:48. There was no package when I checked the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

Package was probably delivered to AnPost, hence NL post saying it was delivered. I've had this many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭con747

Most likely a package sent from china via PostNL, I never get asked for a signature. It is normally just left on the doorstep if I'm not in ever since covid. Get on to the sender and get them to find out what happened. An Post aren't great at helping out with missing packages in my experience. Call 353 (1) 705 7600 

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cainiao, Post NL and An Post all involved on the same day within 6 minutes? Something wrong there.

Ok do you normally get an e-mail from them to click on a link confirming your order?

Yes. Every time an item from AliExpress is delivered, I get an email with a button I need to press to confirm delivery. When its delivered I click on the link to confirm. An Post sign off on the tracking number which feeds into Aliexpress tracking system. Thats how they know to send the eMail.

But An Post signed off this morning without actually delivering.

Do An Post have a help line for screwed up delivery issues?

By the way AliExpress are the least to blame here. They have been excellent down through they years with their attention to detail. Never got scammed once.

• Advertisement

They get millions of packages a week. Op did not pay an post. Anpost do not have to deal with them.

Op paid AliExpress. That's where the query should be sent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

There was a piece by Conor Pope in the Irish Times on Monday on the subject of deliveries.

It now seems to be the default for couriers not to get a signed receipt because of the pressure to complete the maximum amount of deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Your contract is with Ali Baba not with An Post. You should be contacting them and they can chase up

Conor Pope needs to switch to the daily muck with the sensationalist crap he goes on about recently.

He has zero interest in positive stories or positive comments on anything.

Grumpy old man syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

An post are hopeless with resolving issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They have their moment. But the OP should be contacting AliExpress to sort the issue as he dealt with them, not An Post.

Advertisement