Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term illness & delibarate mismanagement

Options
  • 18-04-2024 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

I am living with a chronic degenerative illness. Due to mismanagement on the part of a consultant in a Public hospital, I spent three years as completely insane. I became a danger to my own family. Had one near-miss high-speed road accident. Attempted suicide twice.

after a lot of painful nights where I had memory loss due to a medicine overdose (med overdose was deliberate, that's the way my medicine worked during the period).

It was all because a consultant in HSE hospital kept one particular medicine dose low deliberately for two years. Now finally I am out of this insanity state of mind.

Currently, I am trying to move to another hospital. My question is if I take a legal option for this mismanagement of my condition, given that my illness has no cure "so far" . would there be any precautions in the future, even if I move to another hospital?

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm so sorry to read about all that struggle and suffering.

Unfortunately boards doesn't allow for legal advice which is basically the question here, regarding ongoing treatment and/or bias elsewhere is impossible to comment on also as it could be seen as lobbying for or against persons and places..

I apologise but I'll have to close the thread, however feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Grem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement