Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DODGY PETROL PUMP <mod snip>

Options
  • 18-04-2024 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

I have just been to <mod snip> when my car was just on orange light, the attendant put the nozzle in to fuel 20 euro as I asked, but to my surprise, after I got back in the car, turned the ignition on, the orange light was still where it was at the time of arrival at the petrol station.

I quickly made a complaint, but my complaint did not get to where I wanted. Normal when my car just turned orange light on, on the dashboard, and if i bought 20 euro, the orange light would go off and the gauge would rise a little bit above the second line, but today wasn't the case, the gauge remained where it was and the orange was on. My petrol gauge was not faulty and there was no sign of a drop of petrol went into my petrol tank.

Apparently, it was a family run business and therefore, nothing could be done to resolve the problem. Honestly, I have been on the road for over 35 years, and I have never experienced anything like this before, although, I have experienced when the pump run off couple of euros/pounds, before the petrol would start coming out, but not when do not have a drop of petrol. My strong advice is "dont allow any petrol attendant to run your petrol when you want to fuel, just run the petrol by yourself and just stop if you notice something wrong". It is not a good idea for any attendant to run your petrol. I have just covered 3.2 kilometer and my petrol gauge is still showing orange, this very very dodgy!

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€20 will get you about 11 litres now, very possible light could be still on after putting this amount in if it was near empty to begin with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This discussion is not disputing a warning, infraction or a ban. Discussion closed on that basis.

-Shield

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement