Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new hoover (vacuum cleaner)

Options
  • 18-04-2024 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I'm in the market for a new hoover( thinking cordless but not 100% on it). I've heard lots of friends complain about the Dyson and Sharks etc so I'm quiet confused really.

When looking for a good hoover what should you look for? and have you guys any recommendations or examples of one to stay clear of

I live in a standard 3 bed semi D etc so wont be over used

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Went looking at what cordless to buy recently and just gave up in the end. You'll hear bad things about absolutely everything if you look hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stickman2024

That's very true but this time it seems to be about weak suction and battery life. because its a 3bed the battery life doesnt have to be amazing etc as id expect to get around easy enough but we have a dog who sheds so needs to be quiet good for that type of heavy lifting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭50HX

Bought the shark IZ202UKT after Xmas for 200e

Ideal for timber floors throughout & carpet upstairs.

Would prefer it to a dyson my mother has, more flexibility,easier store as it folds in half, led light at the front to show up dust etc

All in can't fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I have a Nilfisk downstairs that needed a repair done recently and he said it was worth doing as they dont make them as powerful these days (energy saving?). I had a small pull along Vax for upstairs as do a fair amount of vacuuming being asthmatic. But it died recently (motot burnt out) and replaced with a Gtech with is cordless and bagless… new to me. So far so good. Decent battery life and quick enough to recharge. Emptying the canister is not a big deal tho I did buy extra filters as basic one is washable but takes a couple of days to dry. Certainly I appreciate how EASY it is to vacuum, so neat and lightweight and with set of brushes that seem to gobble up lot of fluff. I got the Gtech thru a charity shop that had bought out Argos stock when they closed in Ireland. I do not think I would pay the full price for one though. Vacuums turn up in Aldi /Lidl so worth looking out for them. I think there is one on offer recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭blackbox

Dysons are very noisy.

Miele are quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We bought the Miele 3 recently. Can't fault it. We have wooden floors and carpets. It's got the extra brushes stored in the main body also. Our last one didn't so it's really easy to change heads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 trindade

I have a Dyson and I love it.

Advertisement