Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding in North and getting done in South

Options
  • 18-04-2024 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just wondering if you are from the South and driving up north, what happens if you are caught above speed limit by camera or speed camera van?? Do you get a fine and points in republic?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭frank730

they also sell your fine to a south based company for collection if you dont pay them within agreed timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

SSo what really cant they do and is it worth all the hassle, I have seen southern drivers caught with speeding fines up north, and 5 mile over and they were sent fines in post and drivers just didn't open them and drop them back into the mailbox, only scare tactics so I wouldn't get too bothered about them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Nope, they may chase the fine through a collection agency but they're pretty powerless really, points cannot trnasfer - different jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

Yes they're like the TV licence crowd in the north, sending out lots of threatening letters telling you about they working for the police and what going to happen to scare you into paying but it's just bluster, they are vultures and got no power.

They not very truthful either and those living it the north who get a fine they say you cant appeal it and must pay but I have appealed it and won so they are not good....sadly it's all more about revenue a

• Advertisement
Advertisement