Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Clancy School for 11yo accordionist?

Options
  • 17-04-2024 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Probably too late for this year, but thinking of the Willie Clancy Summer School for next year. My son is doing button accordion private lessons (the nearest Comhaltas on Navan Road no longer doing lessons). So it's been suggested it might be good for him to have lessons and get to play in a group environment.

But I'm wondering what he'll get out of it: I can't find anyone talking about the lessons themselves, the only reviews just mention the drinking and craic (I've nothing against drinking and craic, but I reckon as a couple with a 11 year old we won't be sessioning hard).

Also, we don't drive, and I can't find any local bike rental services, and I've no idea how easy taxis are to come by in the area, so that's probably an issue. Don't mind getting a bus from Ennis to Spanish Point, but since the button accordion lessons are in Quilty, which is a 40 minute walk from there, that a journey twice each day which would be a pain if taxis aren't available and we can't rent bikes.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Advertisement