Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Consider buying a "Condition Alert" car?

Options
  • 17-04-2024 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all! In the process of buying a car and came across a Nissan Qashqai, reasonably priced, looks in great condition and milage, regularly serviced by local garage and NCT history provided to me.

Arranged a viewing and did a check on MotorCheck. The check revealed an alert under Condition Alert -

This vehicle may have been damaged, flooded, stolen, used as a police vehicle or the subject of an insurance write off.

No further details were available. I shared the report with the sellers, they were as shocked as i was. Had bought it from a local dealer 4 years previously and no issues with it since. The sellers seem very genuine and sincere, was mainly used on weekends until wasn't needed (they got a company car). I've called my insurance company and went through the policy update process, the car did not flag on their system.

I am leaning towards buying but am cautious of problems down the road selling it on. All advice is most welcome, if anyone's been in similar issues or people in the industry.

Thanks for reading. 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭User1998

Can you contact the history check company to get more info? Usually if it was written off it would say so. Maybe it had minor damage that an insurance company repaired.

Either way, I would only consider buying it if its around 15% less than its market value.

Advertisement