Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Spikes on Automower 450X

Options
  • 16-04-2024 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey, i've a question on "wheel spikes".

I have the 450X, and it's working well.

However, my lawn can be quite wet at times, drainage isn't great, and it has a few slopes. It does get stuck every so often, as they all do. I have the "terrain kit" wheels from Husqvarna. It's better, but it still gets stuck at times, sliding off the slope and past the boundary wire.

I saw aluminum "wheel spikes".

Has anyone used these yet? I read they also have the benefit of partially aerating your lawn while it works. But I have a reservation about what it might do to the docking station pad over time.

Anyone experience with them?

Thank you.
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dmac2006

Update: If it help anyone else, I ended up getting these wheel spikes for my Automower 450X. They fit great and work really well. Made a big difference in grip, especially for Irish weather. Would definitely recommend it if you have any sort of difficult slopes or damp terrain: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204741194870

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Would they cause strain on the wheel motors?

Advertisement