Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm SW1070 solution to losing landline.

Options
  • 16-04-2024 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm switching from copper internet to 5G broadband and will lose my landline in the process. (Can't get fibre. Those dimwits in Siro ran a fibre outside my house, and then discovered they have no place to connect it to the internet. Don't get me started!) I have a dialer which calls me in the event of an alarm activation. This connects by VOIP in my existing broadband modem/router.

When I switch to 5G, I believe I will lose VOIP capability, and my dialer won't work anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best solution to allowing me to continue to self-monitor my alarm?

I see that GSM modules are available. But I'm not sure how long these will last since older GSM stuff is fast becoming obsolete.

Another option would be to use one of the Panel outputs to trigger an ESP32 which could send me a message via Wifi/5G. All ideas gratefully welcomed!

Thanks - Ned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

For the 1070 you can update the software and add a GSM/WIFI module.

This is a subscription service so looking into triggering outputs using an ESP32 would also be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭_ned_

Update:
    Eir sent me a Huawei 5G CPE Pro 3 modem (H138-380). This has an RJ11 socket labelled "Tel", which can be used for VoIP.

I set up a VoIP account with freevoipdeal.com, bought €10 credit, configured VoIP on the modem, configured the 1070 alarm to Line Monitor On to OFF (no 48Vdc anymore), connected alarm and analog phone to the Tel socket on the modem, and ran a few test calls. Everything works. The alarm will dial out to my preset numbers. Had to prefix the presets with international 00353 since the voip server is located in Hungary, I think.

I can still monitor the alarm and my analog phone can still dial out, once you add the international prefix. I can't receive calls because the SIM from Eir isn't programmed to receive. No hassle really, we usually use our mobiles for calling people. And, I now have kickass broadband, 300Mbps down, 50Mbps up, a huge improvement over the 7/1 Mbps I was getting off the copper.

Thanks for help and suggestions, everyone.

Advertisement