Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mille Miglia

Options
  • 16-04-2024 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone ever been to the Mille Miglia? I'm trying to organise a trip out to be there for the start. I'm wondering is the best day to go the day before or is it best to be there on the morning of the start to get the best views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Was in Bologna around 10 years ago when it arrived and did an overnight stop. Great views and was out early next morning to see them leave from the square. Was possible to walk in and around the cars as they were parked up getting ready. Jay Leno was there chatting with people beside his car before the off!

Couple of years back was in Rome for the arrival that evening. Trick was to be on the street a good hour or more before the arrival time, that way you can get a great view beside the barrier as they come in and join a line of traffic waiting to go to the podium. In my experience it's not massively over attended with throngs and throngs of people. The Italians are well used to it. I'd say if you were there on the morning of the start very early, you'll see plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Macho Man

Great, thanks!

Advertisement