Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recent house purchase with stove/back boiler with gas central heating

Options
  • 16-04-2024 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a house that has a Stanley (I think it's a Stanley Erin but not 100% sure) stove with a boiler. The house has gas central heating. I've had stoves in the past but not one with a boiler attached. When collecting the keys the agent just did a quick run-thru of the house with me and made a comment about making sure not to have the gas boiler running when the stove is on. He then pointed to an electrical socket switch in the sitting room near the stove. I wasn't quite sure what he was about about and was busy trying to take note of everything else.

Is there an electrical component to those boiler stoves? I haven't a clue but I did download the manual and a quick glance didn't suggest anything. I need to sit down and go through it properly.

But if anyone in the know can offer me some tips etc I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Advertisement