Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT query - Rearview mirror.

Options
  • 15-04-2024 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys. I have tried googling this... Not finding much substance...

My internal rearview mirror cracked thanks to my son 😬 The moulding itself is perfect... The glass mirror is simply cracked. Anyway, I bought one of those mirrors that clamp onto the pre-eisting rearview mirror and, in fairness, it does a good job. I am just wondering if the original mirror needs to be in working order to pass the NCT or will this clamped on mirror do the job? I have attached an image from the website of the mirror if needed.

Cheers for any info 👍

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

NCT manual says to check all rear view mirrors for cracks and condition. If you have a replacement over mirror, I would imagine it will be OK as I doubt they would remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ineedanswers

Thanks. My gut feeling is that it will be ok, otherwise, the product wouldn't be worth selling in the first place. I appreciate your input 👍

Advertisement