Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test preparation

Options
  • 15-04-2024 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can get any pointers/tips for the test? I'm working on u-turns, slow control etc.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Stick a yellow postit note on either side of your helmet, especially if you have a dark one, helps the tester in the car behind you to see your head movements more.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

Other than regular practice (particularly the U turn) the other things I'd recommend

• Book in for one or two pre-test lessons with a local instructor to take you through the test route and point out common pitfalls.
    • Check your bike's reg cert to make sure it has the correct specs for the class of test as this can take a bit of toing and froing with Revenue and Dept of Transport to sort out. All bikes are imported and often times the person inputting the info for the VRC puts in ridiculous numbers like 55,555 under power.
    • Make sure your bike has the tax disc displayed on the day and all lights etc are in good order.
    • Brush up on your rules of the road, especially road signs. Gets you off on the back foot if you make a hames of that part before even throwing your leg over the bike.

Good luck!!

Advertisement