Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue AP Interview

Options
  • 15-04-2024 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I have an AP Panel Interview with Revenue coming up shortly. Has anyone any ideas on the format and type of questions I am likely to get asked. I am familiar with competency based interviews and STAR method. My main issue is really (1) what questions tend to get asked (2) how many questions am I likely to get asked for each competency.

I know there are no rules as such, and each interview will vary. But I am just wondering how it generally works.

I was expecting questions that were somewhere along the lines of "tell us about a project you worked on that demonstrated your leadership qualities". But when I was talking to someone else about it, they had said the questions are a lot trickier than that.

Is there anywhere (paid or otherwise) that might help me prepare for it? I have seen a few "mock interview" type services - are they any good?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭336699

Hi there,

I’d highly recommend Mark Kehoe. He provides interview preparation for all grades in the Civil Service and also helps with application forms. He gives a great insight into what assessors and interviewers are looking for in Civil Service competitions. He’ll do practice interviews too, so you’ll be well prepared for any questions they might throw at you.

I’ve dealt with him in the past, he’s an absolute gent. I actually first heard of him through boards, his number is 086 881 6034. He charges for his service but it’s well worth it.

Best of luck with the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I used Tina Kinirons online for help with prerecorded video interview and final interview. Best money ive other spent and I ranked high on the panel.

Advertisement