Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squall line last night at 2:45am

Options
  • 15-04-2024 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi all,

I got an alert of a sudden gust of wind of 71kph at 2:45 am. There is branches all around my house this morning. Did anyone else get this? 4mm of rain since midnight also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Very windy this morning up here in North donegal.

And heavy hail lying on some stretches of road. Like a real winters morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

I was woken by very heavy rain and strong winds around 2am (Co Louth).

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

Extremely windy last night. Power out this morning. Mad hail and rain last night also in North West. Was this forcast? Don't remember hearing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mapaputsi

Posted in the Spring thread about this too but we got battered in Oranmore Galway last night from 11-3am-ish. Was watching these squalls on the met radar. Powerful gusts and what sounded like hail. Bins all over the place in our estate this morning which is my litmus test for strong gusts!

Geographically I find that being at the pointy end of Galway bay we sometimes get strange funneling of wind from between the Burren hills and Connemara Bens (just my theory), but sounds like it was more widespread last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Same in Galway City last night could not believe how strong the gusts were from around 11pm never expected that to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I second that. It was a little after 2, very strong wind and heavy rain hitting on the windows. A couple of alarms went off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

yea power went briefly in Meath around 2.30 or so…. it seemed very strong battering against the windows..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Was driving home last night around 3am I think it was. Really high wind and heavy hail for about an hour in North Dublin. You couldnt even see the road it was so heavy. Had to stop.

Advertisement