Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Panda cigarette lighter

Options
  • 14-04-2024 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a fiat panda on here?

Have a question about power socket. Or any lads well up on fiat's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DRedford

The older one or the new one? I've some experience with Italian and french car electrics, not an expert though. What's up with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Morning. Thanks for reply. I need to find a secondhand one or ebay. There is a power connector when I lift up the housing behibd the cup holders

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is there a blank to install a standard one? Or is there a different panel for those that have one? Anyway, 12v chargers are a standard size, so you should be a able to pop out the blank and attach a new one from a motor factors, or worst case drill out a hole to receive the new one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's actually two sizes - a marginally wider one for heat-rated ones (e.g. to use as an actual lighter socket).

Pandas have the Type B wider/heat rated one when fitted by Fiat. You don't want this, many adapters will be loose and disconnect repeatedly.

From memory of my old 1.1, the panel that has the socket (and the power mirror controls and the coin-holder area behind it) simply aren't there on cars of that spec, so you'd need to fit a trailing socket.

If you did find that panel second hand, you'd need to hack up the carpet to fit and be left with window controls that do nothing.

It's the 169 model. Up to 12

• Advertisement

Am supposed to get one from scrap yard on Saturday. As long as I can charge a phone mirror switch wobt bother me. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's also two interior colours - light and dark grey, although you might not care about that.

The 100HP and I think then all models from ~2010 on are dark grey; the earlier models are light grey. Nearly all aftermarket accessories are dark grey.

Dash is dark grey. I have a connector so hopefully guy won't butcher the connection taking it out,

Advertisement