Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T80si not working after being unused

Options
  • 14-04-2024 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I've a T80si mains fed shower upstairs that stopped being used as the trap started leaking. We just used the other downstairs T90. It could be 2 years since it was last used.

I got the trap sorted and have tried to get the shower working again but when I turn it on (heating off, flow high) there's a bit of buzzing for about 10 seconds but no water.

I have verified power going to the solenoid and measured the resistance at 3.7k ohms which I believe to be correct but I suspect this is the issue.

I'm wondering is the buzzing a good sign and maybe the solenoid is just stuck after not being used and may free up? It doesn't look like it's working trying to fix and I'd probably try get a tank fed shower in there instead if needed

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Isolate the power and water, remove the cover, remove the filter, check clean, crack open the water, when/if water starts flowing, re insert the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The buzzing is most likely the solenoid opening. It sounds like no water going to the shower. Possibly a valve turned off somewhere?

It could be a blocked filter like John suggested but with mains water pressure I'd expect at least a trickle of water getting through a blocked filter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Urgh, the bloody water was off. If you'd have asked I'd have said I didn't even know where the valve for it was but when I went looking I found it and it had been closed. Possibly by past me but I'd don't remember!

Sorted now anyway thank you very much!

Advertisement