Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girona to Perpignan

Options
  • 14-04-2024 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Looking for advice on traveling from Girona airport to Pepignan ( Staying in campsite in Argelès-sur-Mer) this Summer. I looked at buses and Flixbus and BlaBlacar bus services both have very poor reviews, and with a young child would be hesitant now in booking with them. The train is priced at nearly €400 for 4 people, as the return journey is quite pricey. Anyone any advice on reasonably priced reliable ways to travel to Girona to Perpignan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭mikewest

Never mind didn't read properly

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jamessmith0901

Considering your concerns with bus services and the high train fares, a precise suggestion would be to explore car rental options. Companies like Europcar and Sixt typically offer competitive rates. Booking in advance ensures availability and better prices. Driving from Girona to Perpignan is straightforward, providing flexibility and convenience, especially with a young child.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭The Ging and I

Would there be easier options to fly into Carcasson ? I think car rental is the easiest option.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Girona to perpignan is a nightmare of a trip - We did it one year. Flew into Girona and on to Perpignan.

Cheapest and easiest way would be a private taxi. I paid 150 each way the last time I did it for an 8 seater taxi - could be more expensive now - probably closer to the 190 each way Id say - taxi prices have shot up over there for the last couple of years.

If you want I can pm you the Taxi company we use every year - We still go to Castell Montgri in L`estartit every summer and Ive used the same company for the last 15 years. Very reliable and their prices are decent. Its usually 80-90 from Girona to Estartit.So Id imagine the same again to perpignan.

Advertisement