Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue risk assessment letter

Options
  • 14-04-2024 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys this is going to be long winded so I appreciate if you read it all! :)

I started an onlyfans during the pandemic as a faceless model and made quite a bit of money from 2020-2022. I had a baby in 2021 so in 2022 my earnings were a lot lower than the previous years.

I had an idea about tax, but to be honest I was just ignorant and thought because I wasn’t earning as much as others I’d be fine.

But I am not fine lol. I got a letter from revenue in February level 2 risk review saying they were aware of an online income. So straight off I went and googled an accountant and rang the first one with good reviews.

My accountant since has been feeding off my anxiety and has been taunting me a bit. Also asking really inappropriate stuff about my money, what I bought, asking what customers wanted from me etc. also texts late into evenings and weekends “what’s the craic” as if I’m just a friend. Not professional AT ALL

so anyway, it came all in all to 12k I owed back. I had 11k in savings so cleared the most of it. Revenue then went and whacked me with a 6k late fee. That’s totally fair, it is my own fault after all.

So for 2023 - I actually made a substantial amount of profit from paypigs on Twitter. I also claimed 1 parent family during 2023 but never even crossed my mind about tax - didn’t really realise you had to pay tax on gifts, which is what paypigs do.

So my accountant kept saying 2023 won’t be a problem as all I made on onlyfans in 2023 was €1100. The rest came off a different site and into my Revolut. So he said he would definitely help me with that. Now he’s saying no, my income was too much and he won’t help me? Then agreed to do it for 5k. I obviously said no.

I don’t do the work anymore, and I’ve spent all the savings I have on previous years taxes. Is there anything I can do? Will revenue know my earnings for 2023 if they came into Revolut and my pps is not linked ? I’m honestly on the brink of unaliving myself I’m so so so stressed so please no lectures. I know I f’d up.

I am a single parent and really rely on my one parent payment now, so I’m terrified of losing it :( any advice / recommendations for a good accountant welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Ditch the accountant.

Are the paypig payments from a company or directly from each client?

The SPA is means tested

This means that you can earn up to €165 per week and qualify for a full One-Parent Family Payment. If you earn between €165 and €425, you may qualify for a reduced OFP payment. If you earn more than €425 your will not qualify for any OFP payment.

When did you finally settle with e Revenue, have you got the final letter yet.?

The reason I ask is that Revenue and SW work closely together so you are at risk of having a SW audit.

Are you all done with any income outside the SPA?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

If you have fairly simple self-employed income and expenses, you do not need an accountant.

Simply keep track of all income and expenses.

Declare the profits in your Form 12 or Form 11 income tax return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This also depends on someone's knowledge of what is an allowable expense for tax purposes

I currently work as an accountant, I've had more than one sole trader tell me they made no profit because they think drawings are an allowable expense, or that because they bought a new car that year they made a loss

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

And these people are in business!!!! Jaysus.

Advertisement