Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you any Tattoos or Piercings?

Options
  • 13-04-2024 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭

I've neither, I have slightly considered getting a tattoo in the past but mainly haven't got one due to several factors. Mainly I don't think it would suit me, no idea what to get.(I wouldn't be a fan of skulls, Teeth, etc and rarely seen one I liked. I wouldn't be one for getting names,etc either. I'd also be thinking will I like this forever.

I've never had a piercing. I wouldn't have been part of the popular gang in school who had them and can't see myself getting one now.

I doubt I'd get wither now. I don't think I could pull them off.

Try and keep this respectful.

Have you any Tattoos or Piercings? 57 votes

I've Tattoos
    28%
    SkittlebrauRiderOnTheStormmark_jmcirelandroverwitchgirl26greenspursGary_dunneLimestone CowboyStephen GawkingILikeBoatsnigeldanielHurdigeightieschewbaccyPP LeeMickMacca7757wazzzledazzle 16 votes
    I've Piercings
    8%
    JupiterKidDay LewinGavPJSmallTeapotImmortal Starlight 5 votes
    I've Piercings and Tattoos
    17%
    HellrazerAisling(",)cr-07mountainDryCleanOnlytalla10D3V!LRockOrBogsuvigirlVote4Squirrels 10 votes
    I've neither and never considered them
    29%
    Badly Drunk Boymoby2101GLaDOSmurpho999Hande hoche!Butcher BoyKiss1037OnDeBankssatnavadaysFilmer ParadisePadre101Be right backtimetogo1Jim_HodgeAlonzo MosleyHey2.Hey2Guildenstern 17 votes
    I've neither but considered them
    8%
    NeilwCrookedJackStrummsfreshpopcornFCTwenteBenson 5 votes
    I've had Tattoo's/Piercings in the past.
    7%
    SchnooksRay PalmerTech_Headpgj2015 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Oh FFS 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How's life after Albert Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I've Piercings

I've nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

14 tattoos and next one due this year.

At one point I had my nose pierced but it got annoying as I get hayfever badly!

I like tattoos - they can be mini works of art on some people and all mine mean something special to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

2 tattoos. I've had my left ear pierced and both eyebrows in the past. I still can't remember what the Aisan word on my right arm translates as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I've Tattoos

3 tattoos, just tend to come up with a new idea every few years. They all have a pretty unique meaning to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

never had an interest in piercings.

Tattoos, always wanted one but between trying to work up the bravery and chopping and changing the idea I just never got around to it. Won’t bother now, lost interest.

Finally decided I wanted part or section of a rather cool looking album cover…but probably too late in the day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have both Tattoos and Piercings - both sleeves done. Chest is done. Legs partly done.

2 piercings - Nipple and nape of my neck - Im too terrified to try take out the nape as its a staple bar thats well and truly dug in there - have it since I was 18 (Im now 49) and its not budging!!!

Have a full back piece planned - a full page from Paradise Lost by John Milton in black and grey - Then Im almost out of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I've Piercings

Ear, 1 nipple and a bar through the back of my neck.

Hopefully will get a tattoo this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Youre never too old - My mates dad got his first tattoo at 72 - And a cool album cover would be a good idea. Always wanted Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath somewhere but I never got around to it.

Whats that supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

I think people who have lots of tattoos appear common and rough, and they do not inspire confidence in me. I mean, if I met a bank manager or a doctor covered in tattoos, I'd ask to see someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,195 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Whenever I've seen a Dr or Bank Manager there generally wearing trousers/long sleeves/etc and apart from their hand/face you can't see much skin.

Do you ask for nudes or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I've Tattoos

That's the joy of tattoos - you often can't tell how many someone has just by looking at them wearing clothes! Everyone in my workplace was very surprised when they discovered I had tattoos as they are hidden. Also there's this incredible thing where tattoos (or piercings) don't actually stop someone being good at their job.

You know nothing about me. If you saw me in my normal working day you wouldnt have a clue if I had ink or piercings.

As for my personal circumstances all I can say is that Im neither common or rough.

But you know what I dont have to explain myself to small minded people like yourself.

I know of one very high up bank manager who has a full japanese body suit from head to toe - Very senior in banking circles.

My dogs vet has 2 full sleeves, my GP has visible tattoos.

Id have no problem trusting anyone with tattoos - doesnt make them worse at their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

And i bet they're all sounder than you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I don't have tattoos and just have my ears pierced, but I don't understand associating personality traits or professional competence with tattoos or piercings, and appearance wise I'm fairly conservative.

It's 2024, they're not the preserve of prisoners and sailors anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PP Lee

I've Tattoos

I have 3 Celtic themed tattoos. One each on my right and left arm and one around my right ankle. One of the top orthopaedic surgeons in my hospital also has tattoos and is big into motorbikes. I think the stigma around tattoos is definitely disappearing although there’s still conservative types out there who balk at the sight of them, my former boss included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

No before the 2010s I was tempted to get one but they became trendy to have. Many men have those ugly black sleeve tattoos and most professional soccer players do too. They repulse me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I've Tattoos

Couple of tattoos and I will definitely get some more in the future when I know exactly what I want. None are visible unless I'm in short sleeved t-shirt and never had anything other than compliments when people first realise I have them despite working in a "professional environment". Doesn't matter what your job is they're a personal choice and have no bearing on your ability whatsoever.

Was given a good piece of advice when thinking of getting a tattoo was to print it out and leave it where you see it numerous times everyday, if you still like it after a few months then get it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've Piercings

I’ve just my left ear pierced these days, but in my college years and into my 20s I had two piercings in my left ear, one in my right and my left eyebrow pierced briefly (which went septic and had to be removed).

Small tattoo on my back shoulderblade. Planned on getting another but just too picky at the design!

Advertisement